PROVOST MARSHAL OFFICE (PMO)
VISITOR AND REGISTRATION CENTER (VRC)
Building 6200, located at the East Gate, MCAS Miramar
Drivers Awareness Certification from Marine Net for service members under the age of 26
Valid driver’s license
Valid paper registration
Smog check for any vehicle registered outside the state of California that is 6 years or older to be compliant with the California Clean Air Act
Motorcycles will also need a valid motorcycle endorsement and BRC/ARC certification
1. Bring all required documents to Bldg. 6200
2. A PMO employee will have you identify your social security number and set up a profile in the registration system if one is not already created
3. You will receive a print out of your on base registration and sign a copy for our records
You will need to keep your copy of your on base registration with your vehicle at all times.
California Clean Air Act
East Gate of MCAS Miramar
Address: 6200 Miramar Way San Diego, CA 92145
Weapon must be in condition four, No magazine inserted, No round in chamber, stored in a locked container with no ammo. (AMMO IS NOT AUTHORIZED INSIDE BLDG 6200, VRC)
Proof of ownership (Bill of Sale, Registration Forms)
Do not bring the weapon inside until instructed to do so.
Active Duty must be in the uniform of the day in order to conduct official business
Steps on how to register:
1. Enter the front door of building 6200 and state that you need to register your weapon.
2. You will be directed to retrieve your weapon from your vehicle and proceed to the clearing barrel behind building 6200.
3. You will be instructed by a PMO employee to clear your weapon properly in the clearing barrel. Follow proper clearing procedures posted on the wall.
4. Once cleared you will be instructed to fill out a document with your information and the weapons information.
5. Once completed a PMO employee will enter your information into the CLEOC system and provide you with a print out for your records; as well as issue you a weapons card for each weapon you are registering.
**Please note: this weapons card does not authorize you to concealed carry your weapon aboard the instillation and is only proof of registration. All weapons must be in the proper transport carry at all times. (refer to references)
Station Order on registering weapons
Lincoln Military Housing
Contact: (619) 556-7667
Pets are allowed at some communities. Be sure to let your housing office know ahead of time that you have a pet. You will need to register your pet with the office and follow the community policies with regards to the number of pets, weight and breed restrictions, pet security deposit and the care of your pet.
Steps: Currently living in housing
1. Individuals currently living in base housing will need to go to their site office to register their pet
2. You will need to bring the shot records from the vet and a photo of your pet
3. You can check with your site office to obtain a list of restricted breeds
Steps: Applying to live in housing
1. Individuals applying to live in base housing should identify their amount and type of pet when filling out the application
2. The application will identify a list of restricted breeds
3. Ensure you have up to date shot records of your pet as well as a photo to provide the housing office
MCAS Miramar has a strict on leash policy. All pets that are outside of the residence should be on a leash
Valid CAC, Dependent/retiree I.D.
Valid driver’s license
Vehicle must be registered on Base
1. Bring all required documents to Bldg. 6200
2. A PMO employee will verify your documents and assign you a spot in the lot
3. You will receive a placard with your assigned spot numbered and instructed to place it in your window while your vehicle is parked there
Spots are assigned on availability and in 30 day increments. If you need longer than 30 days please come back to Bldg. 6200 to get an updated placard
If you sell your vehicle before the 30 days please notify us so we can open up your spot to someone else
Vehicles parked in the lot and not authorized or assigned to be there are subject to be towed at the owners expense
All bicycles must be registered on base. (All unregistered bicycles are subject to removal/disposal at owner’s expense).
Bicycles will need to be brought into the VRC for a serial number verification.
Sponsor must have a valid form of Military Identification.
1. Bring the bicycle to the VRC and an employee will verify your ID
2. You will be issued a registration card for the bicycle and will be required to keep it with you at all times while riding aboard MCAS Miramar
Permit and Application l Schedule l Public Safety l Rules and Regulations
The Stowe Trail is approximately 4 miles long and parallels the eastern border of MCAS Miramar and is marked with appropriate signs to facilitate access to the trail by members of the San Diego community who have obtained a valid permit. Applications for permits must be submitted through the MCAS Miramar Provost Marshal’s Office. The official MCAS Miramar website contains pertinent information regarding the process to obtain a permit and appropriate use of the trail.
*Note: There are no other trails aboard MCAS Miramar that will be opened.
Stowe Trail Permit Application (PDF)
Stowe Trail Liability Waiver (PDF)
Follow the instructions below to apply for access to Stowe Trail:
1. Download the background form and liability waiver via the link on this web page.
2. Read the liability waiver but DO NOT SIGN, this document must be witnessed at Vehicle Registration. If you do not agree to the liability waiver's provisions you will not be issued a pass and may stop the application here.
3. Fill out and sign the background document; instructions are on page 2 of the SECNAV 5512/1 form (Stowe Trail Permit Application) .
4. Bring the completed application/background document and liability waiver, with all required supporting identification in person to B6200, Vehicle Registration, MCAS Miramar (Accessed via I-15, take the Miramar Way exit, then west bound on Miramar Way) Use the right lane and inform the gate sentry that you need to drop off your background form for Stowe Trail.
5. Allow 10 working days and then call Vehicle Registration at: 858-307-1463 to see if your background application is approved, denied or still pending.
6. If approved, you will be assigned a specific day that you can come to Building 6200, Vehicle Registration, MCAS Miramar to be photographed and receive your permit.
7. Enter Vehicle Registration and obtain a copy of your approved background form.
8. Once you have the background form, take it to the building adjacent to Vehicle Registration.
9. Provide the form to an official at Vehicle Registration and wait to receive your Stowe Trail identification card (permit).
Note: Wait times to receive the identification card may vary as uniformed personnel and civilian base employees have priority.
Note: Only U.S. Citizens are eligible to apply for a Stowe Trail permit.
Address: Bldg. 6200 Miramar Way, MCAS Miramar (East Gate)
#1 Register your vehicle at Bldg. #6200 Vehicle Registration Center located at the East Gate.
If you live in the barracks, you will be issued a parking permit
+ Statement of Understanding