To provide legal advice and support to all commands aboard Marine Corps Recruit Depot San Diego and Marine Corps Air Station Miramar in the area of military justice.
Contact information: LSST Miramar - 858-577-6573 DSN (267) 6260 Fax (858) 577-1734
- Process Requests for Legal Services from tenant commands
- Represent the Government in all courts-martial proceedings
- Provide advice to commanding officers regarding criminal investigations
- Provide recommendations to commanding officers for appropriate disposition of criminal offenses committed by Marines or Sailors
- Conduct military justice training for commanding officers, executive officers and unit legal officers as requested
Please contact the Trial Service section for any specific questions or required guidance.
1.) Q - Does your office provide NJP counseling to Marines? A - No. The Defense Section provides this type of counseling.
2.) Q - Does your office provide advice to Marines suspected of committing criminal offenses? A - No. Again, we prosecute offenders. The Defense Section provides this type of advice.
3.) Q - How can I get help with filling out a request for legal services (RLS)? A - Call the military justice section after printing the RLS form provided below.
4.) Q - I was assigned to be a summary court-martial officer. What are the procedures? A - We have instructions and guidelines for summary court-martial officers to follow. Please call to obtain a copy and set up a class.
1.) Download Request for Legal Services (RLS)
(Please see below. RLS on Legal Document)