To provide legal advice and support to all commands aboard Marine Corps Recruit Depot San Diego, Marine Corps Air Stations Miramar and Yuma in the area of military justice.
Contact information: LSST Miramar - 858-577-6573 DSN (267) 6260 Fax (858) 577-1734
Legal Service Overview:
- Process Requests for Legal Services from tenant commands
- Represent the Government in all courts-martial proceedings
- Provide advice to commanding officers regarding criminal investigations
- Provide recommendations to commanding officers for appropriate disposition of criminal offenses committed by Marines or Sailors
- Conduct military justice training for commanding officers, executive officers and unit legal officers as requested
Please contact the Trial Service section for any specific questions or required guidance.
Frequently Asked Questions
1.) Q - Does your office provide NJP counseling to Marines? A - No. The Defense Section provides this type of counseling.
2.) Q - Does your office provide advice to Marines suspected of committing criminal offenses? A - No. Again, we prosecute offenders. The Defense Section provides this type of advice.
3.) Q - How can I get help with filling out a request for legal services (RLS)? A - Call the military justice section after printing the RLS form provided below.
4.) Q - I was assigned to be a summary court-martial officer. What are the procedures? A - We have instructions and guidelines for summary court-martial officers to follow. Please call to obtain a copy and set up a class.
1.) Download Request for Legal Services (RLS)